Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week 4 Reflection (accidentally posted to other blog)

I accidently published this on my other blog account that I had previous to this account that I tried to merge with this but I didn't know how, and I accidently posted on the other one. So here this is.This week in class we are working with Google docs. I have found google to be a great tool for me! I already use google for my business website and for my homework so that I can share it with classmates.

Google has given us the capability to do everything on the web and share it with whomever we want. It really is an amazing FREE tool. That's its best quality. It is free for everyone to use and it offers a form of word document so that you can type papers as a group. It has the ability to do presentations through slide shows and power point again as a group. Google also allows you to make websites and publish them freely for free. It's a real tool to have as a teacher and a student. They are changing the world with this technology.

For my future class room I will teach my students to use this technology because it is amazing and they can use it for all their classes. They can do reports, presentations, and create website with the touch of a mouse and with other classmates. For me it means turning my classroom into a virtual one. My students will always know what their grade is. They will always turn in their homework and get feedback quickly. They will be more knowledgeable about using google and all of it's options.

Video:
This video is very interesting but I'm not sure what the intention of it is. I don't get the phrase we are teaching the machine but then we are the machine. We are the web. I get that. We are the ones creating it and controlling it. So the video was interesting I guess I just don't really understand what it was trying to get across. I do agree though with the things it said we need to really think about when dealing with this much power. We need to think about copyrights, privacy, family, and ourselves. For me in my future I see this as something I am aware of but don't know how much control I have. My students have the possibility of cheating by copying internet stuff and programs are coming out to try to stop that but it's hard to stop everything and protect our children from getting caught in the web. Measures need to be taken to make what's on the web regulated and controlled a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment