Monday, March 29, 2010

Photostory

I'm not sure what I have to write about this week. I hate doing these. I strongly suggest to have these due before class not on Sundays. I never remember to reflect on homework I probably haven't done yet. The timing is super annoying, but the actual purpose and content of them is not. I see a value in doing these it has just got to be more flexible. If Sunday's worked for me great but you won't get near as thoughtful reflections if we haven't even done the assignment. All we'll be able to reflect upon is your presentation in class about what we will be doing and why that's important and so what, then what. This is just a little FYI.

Anyways I guess I need to comment again on Photostory. It is a pain. There are so many better programs out there to do this with. I didn't enjoy it very much. I like my material and working it into a script but all the details of creating a movie are just tedious.

For my students I see these types of videos all the time and they are very beneficial in conveying things because of the type of media that it is. I love the actual use of these I just feel like they would become over occupied with the technical things like I did. It's hard to be a perfectionist doing this assignment.

In the future I'll probably find videos on the internet or in some library that deal with the subject I'm teaching rather than mess with this system again. I will use this method of media technology though probably at some point. I'll just probably use a much more effective program and process.

Wow I'm not in the best of moods right now. I apologize ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment